The Hellenic Institute for Occupational Health and Safety (ELINYAE) is the institution for health and safety at work of the social partners in Greece, namely: the General Confederation of Greek Workers (GSEE), the Hellenic Federation of Enterprises (SEV), the Hellenic Confederation of Professionals, Craftsmen & Merchants (GSEVEE), the Hellenic Confederation of Commerce and Entrepreneurship (ESEE), the Association of Greek Tourism Enterprises (SETE) and the Federation of Industries of Greece (SBE).
Through its activities and initiatives in the fields of research, information, consultation support and training, ELINYAE supports employees and enterprises in their efforts to provide safe and healthy working environments. It is the main institution for the collection and dissemination of knowledge on Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) in Greece.
Our vision is the promotion of health and safety at work as well as of a prevention culture through cooperation of and for the benefit of companies, employees and the society as a whole.
Our mission is to plan and implement activities and initiatives to improve working conditions and raise awareness among all stakeholders. Towards this mission:
- we investigate the working conditions and conduct research / studies
- we train safety engineers, occupational physicians, employers and employees
- we identify and assess harmful factors and agents in workplaces
- we provide investigation services for workplace accidents
- we provide prompt and reliable information and documentation for occupational health and safety issues
- we operate the only specialized OHS library in Greece
- we undertake and support interventions and initiatives at all levels to raise the awareness to employees, enterprises, specialists and citizens
- we collaborate with organizations of all educational levels in order to build a health and safety culture
- we collaborate with OHS institutions of EU, as well as of European and other countries.
We support workers, employers, enterprises, safety engineers, occupational physicians, OHS professionals, health and safety committees, unions and other workers and employers' organizations, public bodies and organizations, researchers, students, scientific and research bodies, educational institutions, social organizations, as well as every citizen interested in the issues of health and safety at work.